For a long time there have been discussions where Sydney’s second airport would be placed. RAAF Base Richmond has been one of the greatest suggestions. (RAAF - Royal Australian Air Force)
|Future terminal layout|
Today the airport, Sydney Airport Kingsford Smith, is just 9 km from the city center. A new airport will need to be placed outside the Sydney Metropolitan Area.
|Latest expansion on Sydney Airport Kingsford Smith|
Here is my proposal for Second Sydney Airport.
|Masterplan of the new airport|
Qantas the national carrier of Australia will be a huge operator of the airport with 20 orders on the Airbus A380 and 50 orders on the Boeing 787-Dreamliner.
|Artist imperssion of the Airbus A380 over Sydney Harbor|
The new airport:
- Two vast terminals (linked underground)
- One terminal conected to Sydney via a new highway
- One terminal conected to Sydney via a new highspeed railway
- A Singapore - Sydney Link station under Terminal 2
- Gates capable for Airbus A380 operations
- Four runways on 3,000 metres
- Hub for Qantas, Virgin Blue and Jetstar
|RAAF Base Richmond|